Thursday, January 5, 2012

Desk Paint Job & Dresden Plate

I acquired this desk from my brother-in-law.  He had it for many years.  It used to be a roll-top desk but the wood just fell apart.  I rescued it about six to seven years ago.  It came to me in the dried up condition you see it.  I used a half quart of Kilz on it and then rolled on the orange sherbet color.  I think it still needs something.  So today at WalMart I found a Min Wax stain in a tube.  How great is that?  I added a fancy knob in the front and then added two hooks on the side to hang bags, my tape measure I can never find, and other fun stuff.  The bottom is now useful with the shelf - the basket holds my out of control selvage strips. 
My first finish for 2012, a Dresden plate table topper/mat.  It measures 18" across.  These are very easy and a little holiday scrap buster. 

No comments: