Friday, January 20, 2012

Crumb Table Runner & Words on Quilts

What's a crumb runner you ask? I made this using leftovers from the tree skirt I made last year. You had to sew strip sets and then use a template (arch) and cut around that. Lots of fabric not used. So I squared them up, added a strip here and there and made this runner. I quilted it all in leaves, something I would have not done, had I not been following SewCal free motion designs. The design this month was leaves. I am usually a "stipple" quilter. Really happy how it turned out. This not for "anyone" so I was a little more relaxed about quilting it. 

My next project is making words out of fabric. I have attached what I have so far. The saying "Today I Will Choose Joy" I got off of http://lilblueboo.com/. You should check out her site, very inspiring! I need a lot of practice - my letters are huge, about 5.5 inches.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I love that saying! I think your words look great. I bought the book about making words, but haven't tried it yet.

Lori said...

Please drop me an email--I was trying to send you the arrowhead pattern but the emails aren't going through. Lori

quiltedhorses@gmail.com