This started out as a 24" pillow cover. I marked the lines in the black with a light blue quilters pencil, no problems. Then for the white, I used one of those chalk-o things with yellow chalk so I could see the lines. Well the yellow did not come out. I sprayed water and then resorted to soaking it, still didn't come out. So the quilter in me just sewed new lines with yellow thread. Still looked bad, so I added yellow to the back and pinned it to the front. It is my disaster piece for 2012. It is going to hide under my TV in the sewing room on the new table I painted. This is the first time I have ever had a difficult time getting out my quilting lines. I was out of the blue water erase pen, but going to get one soon - those have never failed me.