Friday, December 23, 2011

Quilt As You Go Pinks & Pillow


The quilt is from the book Crazy Shortcut Quilts by Marguerita McManus and Sarah Raffuse.  I have had the book for awhile, just kept looking it over and over.  Finally I decided to dig in the fat quarter box (well large see through container) to find some similar fabric.  I pulled out 18, nine for the front and back each.  The quilt measures 48x48 when you are finished. The pillow was made with the leftover strips you cut off each end of the fat quarters.  I didn't use fancy stitches on the crazy quilt - just straight lines and some points, whatever came to mind.  I am so loving this method of quilting. I encourage you to give it a try.  Email me if you have any questions.  The pillow is going on my Etsy site, don't know about the quilt yet.