Saturday, October 29, 2011

QAYG Table Runner

I have been sewing my scrap fabrics to phone book pages.  I tear out a bunch of pages and then using the straight side of the page cut the pages six inches by the length of the page, ten or so at a time.  I had almost a hundred of these pages which turn out to be about 6 x 10.75.  While watching TV, I tear off the paper on the back once I get a bunch sewn.  I want to make a lap/throw quilt with them, so I tried the table runner first to see if I liked the method = quilt as you go (QAYG) first.  So this is my result.  I loved it better after I washed it.  It is amazing how all the scraps just float in the center.  I used a gray kona cotton on the sashing and borders. 
This is about as Halloween as I get.  So now I know how it works and want to go on and make a lap quilt.  Quite easy.  I used the method in "Mile-A-Minute Quilts" by Sharon Hultgren. 

No comments: